Polyester is polyester fiber, which is a synthetic fiber made by spinning polyester formed by polycondensation of organic dibasic acid and dibasic alcohol, referred to as PET fiber, which is a polymer compound.
The chemical name of polyester is polyester fiber, which is widely used in the textile market, and clothing made of polyester fabric has been liked by more and more people, but is polyester fabric good or not, and what are its advantages and disadvantages? Such questions can still make many People are confused, so today I will analyze the advantages and disadvantages of polyester fabrics, so that everyone can have a deeper understanding of polyester fabrics.
Polyester is a kind of clothing fabric commonly used by us. The chemical name is polyester fiber, which is often used to produce coats, shirts and windbreakers.
Polyester fabric characteristics
1. Polyester fabric has high strength and good elasticity, so the fabric has strong recovery ability.
2. Heat resistance is also a major feature of polyester fabrics, so polyester is often used to make pleated skirts.
3. Polyester fabrics have good light resistance, and are no worse than natural fiber fabrics, and are not easily damaged after exposure to sunlight.
4. Polyester fabrics are resistant to insects and chemical corrosion, so you don't need to deliberately choose a certain type of laundry detergent when washing.
The use and purchase method of polyester fabric
Everyone knows that polyester fabrics are mainly used in the field of clothing. In fact, polyester is also gradually playing its role in the industrial field. For example, building interiors and vehicle interiors are all made of polyester fabrics.
Choose by latitude and longitude
1. Warp knitting and weft knitting are two ways of knitting polyester fabrics. The main difference is the different extensibility. If you want to buy clothes with various styles, it is recommended to choose weft knitting, because weft knitting fabrics generally have a variety of colored yarns.
2. Warp-knitted polyester fabric is wear-resistant and less prone to pilling, so it is more suitable for making trousers and skirts.
Advantages of polyester fabric
1. Polyester is a high-strength fiber. The strength of short fibers is between 2.6 and 5.7cN/dtex, and the strength of high-strength fibers is between 5.6 and 8.0cN/dtex. How high is the strength? Simply put, it is higher than viscose fiber About 20 times.
2. Super elasticity is another advantage of polyester fabrics. The elasticity is comparable to that of wool. Polyester can be restored quickly after being folded or kneaded without leaving any wrinkles. Few fabrics have such high elasticity.
3. The heat resistance of polyester is the best among chemical fiber fabrics, and it also has good plasticity. It is suitable for the production of pleated skirts and can keep pleats well without excessive ironing.
4. The light fastness is not bad, and the light fastness exceeds that of natural fibers. The high light fastness makes polyester fabrics can be exposed to sunlight.
5. The chemical properties are stable, and it is not easy to be corroded by acid or alkali. If the clothes are dirty, they can be cleaned with bleach. Even in a humid environment, polyester fabrics are not easy to mildew.